WHAT IS ACUPUNCTURE ?
Acupuncture is an ancient healing modality that addresses modern conditions. Based on over 3000 years of careful observation, it has a unique perspective on symptoms and health that is radically different from Western Medicine. As a complement to Western Medicine, it helps the body to adapt to change and stress and increases the activity of the immune system. As a healing modality, it can address chronic pain and other issues that Western Medicine may not. The “side effects” of acupuncture include less illness, better sleep and less stress. By using sterile, disposable needles on certain points on the body, we can affect change on physical and mental levels.
CAN ACUPUNCTURE HELP?
The National Institutes of Health and the World Health Organization have a long list of conditions that acupuncture has been proven to affect. These include, but are not limited to:
- Allergies and chronic sinus congestion
- Anxiety and depression
- Digestion problems, including IBS, Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis
- Women’s health, including PMS
- Headache, including migraines
- High blood pressure
- Lower back pain and sciatica
- Substance or Alcohol Dependence
- Stop Smoking
- Side effects of radiation and/or chemotherapy